Genealogy and Home-Building Resources
While some people focus on building and renovating their family's home, others enjoy the hobby of building their family tree. Researching family history is known as genealogy. Internet resources have expedited the research process for people wishing to explore their ancestry. Join support groups to learn about the processes involved with family research and you may discover little-known facts about your ancestors that can become a part of your family story.
Family and Home-Building Resources
- How Much Does Kitchen Home Improvement Cost? Before moving forward with a kitchen remodel, explore the typical costs of this type of project to prepare for the expense.
- How Ignoring a Leak or Other Plumbing Home Repair Can Cost You Money and Damage Your Health: Ignoring a plumbing problem could cause serious moisture issues, which could lead to mold or other structural problems.
- Top Property Home Improvement Projects: Foundation repair is an important property improvement to perform on a home to prevent more serious issues.
- Home Repair Jobs That Require Professional Help: Some repair jobs are more complicated and involved than others, including roof replacements and foundation repair.
- Financial Planning: Home Improvement Projects to Turn a House into a Home: When renovating a home, plan the expenses to maintain a realistic budget.
- Kitchen Home Improvement Work: Quartz Countertops: Explore the benefits of installing a quartz countertop in the kitchen.
- Information for Home Improvement Contractors: The Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection provides a list of contractors serving consumers in Connecticut.
- Home Energy Education: The University of Wisconsin Stevens Point offers a comprehensive resource to help educate people about energy consumption and conservation.
- Home Improvement Scams: The Minnesota Attorney General assists consumers with information about common home improvement scams.
- Designing, Building, and Remodeling Your Dream Home: Take a course to learn all about designing, building, or remodeling your home.
- Home Improvement: The state of Washington provides information about hiring a contractor, getting a building permit, and resolving a problem with a contractor.
- Home Improvement and Remodeling: Explore classified ads for contractors providing home improvement and remodeling services.
- Home Improvement Loans: A home improvement loan can make it possible to update or renovate an existing home.
- Home Improvement Program: The city of Norwalk, California, offers a home improvement program to help homeowners afford renovation projects.
- Extension Specialist: Homeowners Can Get Tax Credits from Home Improvements: Residential tax credits can put money back into homeowners' pockets after completing home improvement work.
- Oakland County Home Improvement Program: Oakland County manages a home improvement program that helps homeowners with low incomes to afford minor repairs.
- Understanding Generational Differences in Home Remodeling Behavior: This listing offers publication information for a book about home remodeling behavior.
- Rio Grande Library Move Out and Renovation: The Rio Grande Library provides information about a recent renovation of its facility.
- Building a Market: Richard Harris is the author of the book "Building a Market," which explores the home improvement market in North America.
- Homeowner How-to Guide: The city of Albuquerque provides a resource for homeowners as they navigate small construction projects.
- Repairing and Improving a Home: Anyone seeking to make improvements to a home should explore the federal government's resources listed on this page.
- Energy Conservation in the Home: Colorado State University provides facts about energy consumption and conservation.
- Home Improvement Center: The city of Scottsdale assists homeowners with resources about home improvement projects.
- Home Improvement: The College of Southern Maryland offers programs and courses in the field of home improvement.